Electronic Arts has formally released the next-gen version of Apex Legends on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X.
Apex Legends‘ latest patch brings a major upgrade to PS5 and Xbox Series X. The game is getting a native next-gen version on those platforms that will deliver 4K visuals outputted in HDR. Additional next-gen features like haptic feedback on PS5 and 120hz gameplay are planned in future updates.
Here is what you can expect from the next-gen version of the game:
Apex Legends Improvements on PS5 and Xbox Series X|S
|4K output||PS5 & Xbox Series X|
|Full 60hz gameplay||PS5 & Xbox Series X|S|
|HDR||PS5 & Xbox Series X|S|
|Higher resolution shadow maps||PS5 & Xbox Series X|
|Greater LOD distances||PS5 & Xbox Series X|
Features coming in future updates
|120hz gameplay||PS5 & Xbox Series X|S|
|Visual Improvements||PS5 & Xbox Series X|S|
|Audio Improvements||PS5 & Xbox Series X|S|
How to get the next-gen version
Want to play the next-gen version on PS5 and Xbox Series X?
Xbox Series X|S owners will have the best version of the game installed automatically thanks to the system’s Smart Delivery feature. PlayStation 5 owners will need to follow the instructions below.
PS5 owners who already have the game installed:
- Navigate to the Game Hub for Apex Legends on the PS5 dashboard.
- Press the “Options” button next to “Play Game” (represented by “…” inside the Game Hub).
- Press “Select Version” and choose the PS5 version to download the updated next-gen version.
- Once the download is complete, navigate to the Game Library to delete the PS4 version.
PS5 owners who do not currently have the game installed:
- Navigate to the “Your Collection” tab of the Game Library on the PS5 dashboard.
- Find Apex Legends in your list of games and select it.
- When prompted, choose the PS5 version to download the updated next-gen version.
Apex Legends is a free-to-play first-person shooter battle royale. It is available on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, and Nintendo Switch.