Studio Wildcard is partnering with director Jay Oliva for ARK: The Animated Series based on the video game ARK: Survival Evolved.
The game’s creators – Jeremy Stieglitz and Jesse Rapczak – helped create and produce the new ARK: The Animated Series. Lead writers Marguerite Bennett and Kendall Deacon Davis have written the scripts.
But most noteworthy is the killer voiceover cast. We’re talking names like Gerard Butler (300), Elliot Page (The Umbrella Academy), Russell Crowe (Gladiator), and Vin Diesel (The Fast and the Furious).
The animated series is composed of fourteen 30-minute episodes. It currently has two seasons in production in anticipation of a 2022 launch. I may not be very good at math, but I count fourteen hours of content. So it sounds like they are pretty confident that this will be a success.
The series comes from cutting-edge animation studio Lex + Otis. The show’s music is composed by Gareth Coker, who you may know from the Ori and the Will of the Wisps soundtrack. Coker was nominated for Best Score and Music at The Game Awards 2020.
ARK: The Animated Series chronicles the story of a mysterious, primeval land populated with dinosaurs and other extinct creatures. People from throughout human history are resurrected. When 21st-century Australian paleontologist Helena Walker awakes on the ARK after a tragedy, she must learn to survive and find new allies – or die again at the hands of ruthless warlords – all while trying to uncover the true nature of their strange new world.
We have the full star-studded voiceover cast below!
- Gerard Butler plays General Gaius Marcellus Nerva, a brutal ancient Roman despot.
- Devery Jacobs plays Alasie, a peppy 17th-century Inuit teenager, now finding her place on the ARK.
- Cissy Jones plays The Gladiatrix, a formidable commander in Nerva’s army.
- Madeleine Madden plays 21st-century Australian paleontologist Helena Walker, newly awoken on the ARK.
- Deborah Mailman plays Deborah Walker, a 21st-century Aboriginal Australian activist, and mother to Helena Walker.
- Zahn McClarnon plays Thunder Comes Charging, a 19th century Lakota warrior who leads a thriving community on the ARK.
- Malcolm McDowell plays Senator Lucius Cassius Virilis, a manipulative aristocrat during the reign of Caesar Augustus.
- Juliet Mills plays Chava, a wise healer, and village councilmember.
- Elliot Page plays Victoria Walker, an idealistic humanitarian aid worker, and wife of Helena Walker.
- Ragga Ragnars plays Queen Sigrid, a bellicose 10th century Viking warlord.
- David Tennant plays Sir Edmund Rockwell, an egocentric 19th-century scientist harboring dark ambitions.
- Alan Tudyk plays The Captain, a crusty buccaneer who profitably sails the dangerous waters around the ARK.
- Karl Urban plays Bob, a recent square-jawed ARK arrival.
- Jeffrey Wright plays Henry Townsend, an 18th-century American watchmaker, and Patriot spy.
- Michelle Yeoh plays Meiyin Li, a 3rd-century Chinese rebel leader, known on the ARK by her reputation as the formidable “Beast Queen.”
- Ron Yuan plays Han Li, a 3rd-century Chinese rebel leader and brother to Meiyin.
- Russell Crowe plays Kor the Prophet, an eccentric ‘dino-whisperer’ hailing from a time before recorded history.
- Vin Diesel plays 24th-century ‘Mek’-pilot, gearhead, & freedom-fighter Santiago.