At launch, one of the biggest complaints from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare players was that the shotgun is ridiculously overpowered. That’s (hopefully) getting fixed in the latest game patch.
Infinity Ward says that the latest game patch tones down the range of the 725 shotgun, which has become a ubiquitous weapon on nearly every map. A weapon that should be good at short range is instead being used to snipe people across the map.
There are also some other changes and bug fixes, which should improve an already good game. If you haven’t logged in since last week, be sure to check out the new maps and mode in the first free DLC batch.
Below we have the patch notes for a full list of changes as part of this update.
MODERN WARFARE PATCH NOTES (11/12)
- More backend fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability across all modes and all platforms
- Fix for a bug where a player using the Riot Shield would not take explosive damage during certain situations
- Fixed an issue where the Riot Shield would stow on the players back when using Stim. (Tactical)
- Adjusted to always play walk footstep sounds when in ADS and crouch independent of speed
- Increased the speed in which you can remain using the walk footstep sounds by slightly pressing on the movement stick
- General fix for the UI and Challenge state getting out of sync. We’ll continue to monitor and make additional fixes as needed in future updates
- Fix for a challenge related error that could occur; DEV ERROR 5476
- Fix for Mission Challenge description, “Get Kills with a Burst Weapons” being too vague.
- Spawn tuning while playing TDM and Domination
- Domination flag adjustments; B Flag is now near the busses instead of the center fountain
- ARs: Minor hip spread adjustment
- 725: Reduce range
- M4: increase hip spread, decrease damage to the head
- FAL: Reduced recoil, increased ADS speed
- EB-14: Increase ADS speed
- Miscellaneous ammo reserve adjustments upon spawning to be in-line with other weapons of their class
- Fix for a bug where a player using the Overkill perk with an SMG as their secondary would sometimes spawn without a primary weapon when joining a match in progress