Become a legendary knight in Chivalry 2‘s epic battles with cross-platform multiplayer across all platforms.
Torn Banner Studios, Tripwire Presents, and Deep Silver have announced the release of Chivalry 2, the much-anticipated sequel to Chivalry: Medieval Warfare.
After years of development and extensive playtesting with the community, Chivalry 2 is now available for purchase with multiplatform support for PC (through Epic Games Store), PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S.
New Maps, crossplay, and more.
Chivalry 2 is a first-person multiplayer slasher that draws inspiration from epic medieval battles. From clashing swords and storms of flaming arrows to sprawling castle sieges and more, players are thrust into the action of every iconic moment of the era. In the return of Team Objective maps, players lay siege to castles, set fire to villages, and slaughter peasants while catapults tear the earth apart.
Chivalry 2 invites players to master the sword with an all-new and improved combat system that combines real-time strikes and a free combos system to accelerate the action and allow players to become a whirlwind of steel on the battlefield. Created with the ability to fight multiple enemies in mind, combat in Chivalry 2 blends the best of both the FPS and fighting genres for an unparalleled melee combat experience.
Some of the most notable aspects of the new Chivalry 2 are:
- Escape from Falmire (New Team Objective Map): Agatha leads an unexpected attack on a Mason prison in an effort to free a war hero. Breach the city gates and liberate the captives before launching a last castle siege and daring rescue expedition to rescue the Agathian Champion.
- The Fighting Pit (New Team Deathmatch/Free-for-All Map): In this trap-filled local arena designed to entertain the neighborhood drunks, unproven fighters from both factions battle to the death.
- More modes: On addition to the five huge Team Objective levels, players may hone their abilities in three Team Deathmatch / Free-For-All maps. Play anything offline for practice as well!
- Massive scale: 64 players in expansive, multi-stage Team Objective levels featuring epic castle sieges, woodland ambushes, and plain old medieval pillaging.
- Cross-Play: Cross-Play bridges the gap between PC and console gaming, letting players from both platforms to compete on the battlefield.
- Own the field with a range of powerful siege engines such as Ballistae, Catapults, Trebuchet, Battering Rams, Mantlets, Spike Traps, Ladders, and more. To protect, use traps such as spikes, bear traps, and others. Try drinking a cup of mead and striking an adversary in the face with an empty chalice, or finish him out by hitting him in the face with a burning chicken!
- Subclass system: The new subclass system enhances your arsenal by providing more diversity than ever before. Four main classes are expanded into 12 subclasses, ranging from the Skirmisher — a melee/ranged mix – to the Poleman, a fighter who uses long-distance melee to hold adversaries at away.
The Chivalry 2 standard edition retails for $39.99. The special edition is $49.99. Both versions are available for PC and consoles. Chivalry 2 also supports free upgrades from current-gen versions when you upgrade to a PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X|S.