Square Enix has revealed details about the fourth expansion of Final Fantasy XIV Online, known as Endwalker.
During the opening keynote, Producer & Director Naoki Yoshida revealed the fourth extension of Square Enix’s MMO at the Digital Fan Festival 2021. They announced the release date as well as new details about future content in the expansion.
The complete cinematic Endwalker trailer premiered during the multimedia case, which features a new theme song written by Masayoshi Soken and vocals by Sam Carter from the chart-topping band Architects.
The new job Reaper and Male Viera were added to the game
The second job that Square Enix will introduce with Endwalker is the “reaper” — a scythe-swinging melee DPS who calls upon an avatar from the Void to join them in close-quarter combat and can even serve as a host for their avatar. Also, male Viera will be added as a new playable race, joining the existing female Viera.
You can take a first look at the Reaper in action in the reveal video on YouTube.
Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker brings a lot of new content
In the keynote, Square Enix talked about a lot of the latest Endwalker material. Some of the topics covered include:
- New Job: Reaper
- New Playable Race: Male Viera
- New City: Old Sharlayan
- Travel to Expansive New Areas: Labyrinthos and Mare Lamentorum
- New Tribes to Encounter: Loporrits
- New Threats to Overcome: The Magus Sisters
- New Alliance Raid Series: “Myths of the Realm”
- A New Data Center: Oceania
Additionally, “Thavnair” will be added as a new area in the game, alongside “Radz-at-Han”, a new town that will add many missions that will deliver hours of gameplay.
Pre-order, release date, and Collector’s Edition
Square Enix revealed details about the Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker Collector’s Edition, which will be available for pre-order. The Collector’s Edition contains a copy of the Final Fantasy XIV Online Digital Collector’s Edition game for Windows or Mac and the physical Collector’s Box.
The Collector’s Box is also available to order as a standalone product. The Endwalker Collector’s Box includes the physical goods listed below. However, the standalone box does not come with a copy of Endwalker, in-game bonus items, or pre-order bonuses:
- Endwalker Special Art Box – A unique glossy white-inlaid box that features Hydaelyn and Zodiark by artist Yoshitaka Amano.
- Expertly Crafted Paladin Figure – An impressive high-quality figure that showcases the Warrior of Light as a paladin using Passage of Arms to shield allies from harm. Including the base, the figure’s dimensions are approximately W 6.10″ x D 8.46″ x H 7.28″ (W 15.5cm x D 21.5cm x H 18.5cm).
- Art Collection & Frame Set – A collection of ten B5-sized (approx. 7.2″ x 10.1″ / 18.2cm x 25.7cm) art prints featuring key visuals from throughout the history of FINAL FANTASY XIV, from version 1.0 through Endwalker. The set also includes a frame so you can showcase your favourite image.
- Azem Pin – A pin created to mimic the appearance of Azem’s crystal, designed to fit in the palm of your hand at approximately 1″ x 1.2″ (2.5cm x 3.0cm).
- Loporrit Mini Plush – A mini plush version of a Loporrit. The plush is approximately 6.5″ tall (16.5cm).
Additionally, the Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker Digital Collector’s Edition is now available for pre-order from participating retailers and includes the following in-game bonus items:
- In-game Item: Arion Mount – A new mount designed to complement paladin, the signature job of Endwalker.
- n–game Item: Wind-up Porom Minion – Porom, one of the young twins who joins your party in FINAL FANTASY IV, arrives as a minion you can share new adventures with.
- In-game Item: Death Scythe: Reaper Weapon – The Death Scythe from FINAL FANTASY XI makes its appearance in FINAL FANTASY XIV as a reaper-exclusive weapon.
Players who pre-order Endwalker from participating retailers will be eligible to receive the following pre-order bonuses:
- Early Access – Early access is tentatively scheduled to begin on Friday, November 19, 2021, at 1:00 a.m. (PST). It will allow users the ability to play Endwalker before the official release.
- In-game Item: Menphina Earring – A gorgeous earring with a design that draws inspiration from the moon. This useful earring features attributes that will vary according to the user’s class/job and current level when equipped and grants a 30% increase in EXP up to level 80 when worn.
- In-game Item: Wind-up Palom Minion – Palom, one of the young twins who joins your party in FINAL FANTASY IV, arrives as a minion you can share new adventures with.
Pre-order bonus codes will be delivered upon pre-ordering Endwalker and can be redeemed immediately. Thanks to the in-game items being delivered ahead of launch, anyone pre-ordering Endwalker will be able to use their Menphina Earring to catch up to level 80 before the expansion releases on November 23, 2021.