Digital Extremes announced today that Gauss will be the latest playable character added to Warframe as part of this week’s Saint of Altra update.
Gauss blindsides the toughest of enemies through the use of kinetic energy to wield an assortment of powerful moves and abilities, which include:
- MACH RUSH: Burst into a hyper-sprint to run across water, traverse across large areas faster, bowl over enemies and re-charge his Speed Gauge. Crashing into solid objects generates a powerful shockwave.
- KINETIC PLATING: Generate armor plating that converts a portion of absorbed Kinetic Damage into Energy. Also protects Gauss from being staggered or knocked down. Damage Resistance is relative to battery level.
- THERMAL SUNDER: Siphon kinetic energy from the area, charging the battery and inflicting Cold Status on nearby enemies. Press and hold to reverse the process, draining the battery and inflicting Heat Status on nearby enemies.
- REDLINE: Push Gauss’ battery beyond the redline, supercharging his Abilities and setting Fire Rate, Attack Speed, Reload Speed, and Holster Rate into overdrive. When past the redline, bolts of arcing electricity dance periodically from Gauss, exploding en masse when the ability is deactivated.
- PASSIVE: Never stop moving. Keeping Gauss in motion generates an electrical current that charges his Speed Gauge, helping Shields recharge up to 80% faster, and decreasing recharge delay up to 80%.
Gauss can be constructed from parts acquired free in-game or purchased in the Marketplace, standalone or as part of a bundle that includes the explosive new Missile Launcher, Grenade Pistol, and more.
Gauss is available starting this week on PC and will be coming to consoles during the next console update within the next month. Warframe is free-to-play on PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.