Sony just released an app allowing PC users to update the PS5 DualSense controller firmware.
Want to update your DualSense controller’s firmware without booting up a PlayStation 5? No problem!
Sony just released a new firmware updater for PC. It’s called Firmware updater for DualSense wireless controller and it is compatible with both the 64-bit version of Windows 10 and Windows 11. All you have to do is follow a few simple instructions and your controller is ready to go.
How to update your PS5 DualSense controller firmware with a Windows 10 or 11 PC
- Download Firmware updater for DualSense wireless controller. Save it to your desktop or another convenient location.
- Run the installation file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the app. During the installation, you might see a request to download additional software that’s needed to use Firmware updater for DualSense wireless controller. To download this software, follow the on-screen instructions.
- Launch Firmware updater for DualSense wireless controller.
- Use a USB cable to connect your controller to your Windows 10 or Windows 11 PC. Follow the on-screen instructions to start the update. Do not turn off your PC or disconnect the USB cable during the update.
- A message will appear when the update is complete. Select OK to finish the process.
NOTE: You can find the download link for the firmware updater here.
Sony’s DualSense controller is an impressive piece of tech. It supports haptic feedback and trigger resistance among other features. It is easily the most innovative new thing about the PlayStation 5 console.
Firmware updates are integral for maintaining stability and the functioning of the controller. Firmware updates can even add new features. It’s also recommended that you keep your firmware up-to-date for security purposes.