Google Stadia is about to close. Thankfully, a few developers are making it possible to transfer your save files before the service officially shuts down on January 18, 2023. Here’s how to download Cyberpunk 2077 saves on Google Stadia.
CD Projekt Red is among the companies allowing you to export your save data prior to the Google Stadia service shutdown. You can then bring your saves to the PC version of Cyberpunk 2077. You will need to use Google Takeout to accomplish this. Below we have the steps.
How to download Cyberpunk 2077 saves on Google Stadia
Here is how you can get your Google Stadia saves for Cyberpunk 2077.
- Open takeout.google.com.
- In the “Create a new export” section, click “Deselect all” and select “Stadia”. Press “Next Step” to continue.
- Choose your preferred destination and “Export once” frequency. Choose the “.zip” file type and “2 GB” size. Press “Create Export”.
- Download the export from the destination chosen in the previous step.
- Locate the downloaded archive on your PC. Extract the zip file.
- Your Cyberpunk 2077 game saves will be located in the following path: …/Takeout/Stadia/GAMING/GAME_SAVE/
- Files of each game save are located inside archives. Extract them to separate folders.
- To use the extracted saves on the PC version, simply copy-paste those folders to the following path: %userprofile%\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077
Make sure that files are not nested inside another folder.
How to transfer Cyberpunk 2077 saves from PC to console
If you own Cyberpunk 2077 on a supported console, you can use cross-progression on any of the PC platforms and sync it with your GOG account to transfer your progress to a console. You’ll need to follow these steps:
- Start Cyberpunk 2077 on the PC.
- Log in to the REDlauncher. This will be the account used to store your cross-platform saves.
- Go to Settings to make sure that the cross-platform saves are enabled within the game.
- Load the latest save file from Stadia (or any other that you want to copy)
- Save the game again.
That’s it. The save file should now be synced with the cloud and appear on your console.