It was a popular demand that could not be ignored. The magic of the Kingdom Hearts saga will come to Switch through cloud gaming. But that’s not all!
Following the introduction of Sora as the new Super Smash Bros. Ultimate fighter, Square Enix and Disney revealed today that ten titles from the Kingdom Hearts collections would be available for the Nintendo Switch in a highly unusual style, specifically for Nintendo’s hybrid console.
Live the Kingdom Hearts magic through cloud gaming
Through cloud gaming, Switch players will enjoy the collections Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue, and Kingdom Hearts III + Re Mind. This is a system that has benefitted other works such as Control: Ultimate Edition and Hitman 3, and it just requires an internet connection to function.
Among the titles that we will be able to play are:
- Kingdom Hearts Final Mix
- Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories
- Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (HD Remastered Cinematics)
- Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix
- Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix
- Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded (HD Remastered Cinematics)
- Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance Hd
- Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth By Sleep -A Fragmentary Passage-
- Kingdom Hearts Χ Back Cover (Movie)
- Kingdom Hearts III + Re Mind (DLC) Cloud Version
However, because all of these statements were made on the night of the Kingdom Hearts saga’s 20th anniversary, no more information on the release date or pricing of these three collections has been provided. The Kingdom Hearts anniversary in Japan is in March of next year, so if we link the three collections with the anniversary date, we may assume that they will have dates close to, if not the same as, the anniversary day. We’ll see!