The Nintendo Switch continues to dominate the Japanese hardware sales charts.
The Nintendo Switch sold 61,522 units across all three models of the video game system. In comparison, the PS5’s two models barely cleared 11k while the Xbox Series X|S lagged way behind at 4K units sold for the week. Microsoft has traditionally struggled in the Japanese market.
In terms of total hardware sold to date, the Nintendo Switch models are now approaching 25 million units sold in Japan. That’s an impressive figure considering it represents almost one in four Switch systems sold worldwide. Nintendo revealed in February that Switch sales surpassed two of the biggest consoles in history: the Wii and the original PlayStation.
Here are the weekly hardware numbers from Famitsu:
- Switch / 16787 units (cumulative total of 18,176,464 units)
- Switch Lite / 9843 units (total 4,669,530 units)
- Nintendo Switch (organic EL model) / 34892 units (total 1,559,443 units)
- PS5 / 10573 units (cumulative 1,316,651 units)
- PS5 Digital Edition / 651 units (cumulative 228,756 units)
- Xbox Series X / 151 units (cumulative 92263 units)
- Xbox Series S / 3917 units (total 80504 units)
- PS4 / 14 units (cumulative 7,819,418 units)
- New Nintendo 2DS LL / 194 units (total 1,184,843 units)
Unsurprisingly, Switch games also dominated the software charts. Nine out of the ten top games for the week
- Kirby and the Forgotten Land (Switch)
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch)
- Minecraft (Switch)
- Pokemon Legends Arceus (Switch)
- Super Smash Bros. Special (Switch)
- Elden Ring (PS4)
- Mario Party Superstars (Switch)
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch)
- Ring Fit Adventure (Switch)
- Atsumare Animal Crossing (Switch)