A new trailer out today offers some tips to players who may be struggling with Othercide.
The horror-inspired tactical RPG launched last week on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Othercide can be a challenge, so these suggestions should help you avoid getting too frustrated playing the game.
“We know that Othercide is not a walk in the park. It has deep gameplay mechanics, but we enjoyed spending a lot of time watching players experiencing combos and innovative moves exploiting our Dynamic Timeline System. We also wanted to give newcomers a few tips to master our innovative mechanics faster,” said Anders Larsson, CEO and Creative Director at developer Lightbulb Crew.
Here are some of the tips from the developer:
- Accept death. “You will fight. You will fall. You will rise again.”
- Flank. “Do not allow them to rest. Move quickly and decisively.”
- Read the timeline. “When enemies are acting, check for their delayed actions and move them and your units around the timeline with abilities.”
- React and interrupt. “Reactions and interruptions are vital to protecting your daughters and erasing foes.”
- Diversify your team. “Othercide has three classes with two intertwined skill trees each… This gives you a lot of choice for how your daughters can fight.”
- Use the codex. “Othercide‘s codex includes a large amount of information about your foes and their capabilities.”