Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege is now available on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S with next-gen features like 4K resolution.
“These versions will allow gameplay in 4K and up to 120 fps, depending on the mode chosen by the players (performance or resolution), among many other improvements,” Ubisoft says.
Players on next-gen consoles can experience Rainbow Six Siege with the highest graphical enhancements the game has yet to offer. These enhancements offer multiple options for prioritizing either performance or resolution.
Here’s what you can expect on the different platforms:
- 4K resolution (PS5, Xbox Series X) / 1080p (Xbox Series S)
- 120 fps (PS5, Xbox Series X)
- DualSense wireless controller capabilities for even deeper immersion (PS5)
- Activities support for the most popular playlists so players can dive into the game faster (PS5)
The following features are also being implemented for an enhanced next-gen experience on all platforms:
- Better accessibility (readability options, text to speech and speech to text)
- Quick start (optimized login flow, streamlined intro sequence)
- Ubisoft Connect overlay
Free next-gen upgrades
Current players on PS4 and Xbox One can keep their progression, and also upgrade their game for free on the same family of devices. Cross-generation play is also available within the same family of devices. So PS5 players can face PS4 players, while Xbox One players can face Xbox Series X|S players. Cross-play between different families of consoles or between PC and consoles is not currently supported.