Risk of Rain 2 is leaving Steam Early Access and officially launching on August 11.
The game’s Launch Update introduces new content including story cutscenes, a new survivor, final stage and boss, and more. On launch day, Risk of Rain 2 will retail for $24.99. Right now, though, the game is discounted at its Steam Early Access price of $19.99.
- New Survivor, The Captain: Brought to life through 60,000 community votes in April, The Captain joins the crew as the tenth playable character. The Captain controls the battlefield with utility and damage – with help from the Survivors’ orbiting dropship, the UES Safe Travels. He wields a shotgun-rifle combo that narrows the spread as it charges and can stun targets. The Captain can also leverage his high-ranking authority to request probes and beacons from orbit to either provide armor or a healing zone for him and his allies.
- New Stage, Monsters and Hidden Boss: A new stage brings your escape run to its natural conclusion: The Moon! Can you survive new lunar monsters and face off against the Final Boss?
- Server Browser: The new Server Browser improves the matchmaking experience. Join or create your own dedicated servers with options such as difficulty, rule voting, password protection and more.
- New Items: Add a chance to fire magma balls on-hit with Molten Perforator, or drain your opponent’s life bars into yours with Super Massive Leech – just two of the latest additions in the game’s arsenal of more than 110 items.
- New Skill Variants and Lore Entries: Complete challenges in-game to unlock even more skill variants for Survivors, adding even more strategic potential for Survivors and team composition.