The multiplayer action-spellcasting game Spellbreak will soon have its first seasonal content update, including a new game mode.
The first major update to the game introduces Clash Mode, which offers a new way to experience Spellbreak. Players will squad up in teams of nine for team deathmatch. There are also new talents, potions, and cosmetics included in the update, which is free to all players.
“After an incredible launch, Spellbreak now has millions of players around the world,” said Seth Sivak, CEO of Proletariat. “This update represents the beginning of our plan to deliver robust content that offers new ways to experience Spellbreak’s unique combat and gives players a first taste of how we plan to deliver ongoing story content.”
Spellbreak’s latest update includes:
- New Content – Prologue: The Gathering Storm features weekly quests with unique rewards
- Clash Mode – 9v9 team deathmatch with 3 squads on each team
- New Talents – Enable players to further customize their playstyle
- Vigor: Bonus health
- Ambidextrous: Enables the passive class ability in your offhand gauntlet
- Foresight: Reveals nearby players on your minimap and shows future shrines/circles
- Halloween Content – New Outfits, Artifacts, Cloudbursts, Afterglows, Emotes, and Badges! Just in time for “Hollowed Eve!”
Spellbreak has made a lot of news since it launched on PC and consoles in early September. The game topped 5 million players in just a few weeks. And now it is also playable on Android, Chromebook, and Mac.
The Prologue: The Gathering Storm update launches on October 22.