Illidan told all World of Warcraft players 14 years ago that they “weren’t prepared” to face the challenges of the first expansion of Blizzard’s MMORPG. Today, players will get a new chance to prove that they were wrong when World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade Classic is released.
The expansion will return to life between the 1st and 2nd of June – depending on your time zone. Everyone with a World of Warcraft subscription will be able to enter the Portal of Darkness and travel to Terrallente. New challenges, enemies, zones to explore, and much more await the soldiers of the Alliance and the Horde.
If you’re already a World of Warcraft player, you won’t have to pay anything more to get access to World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade Classic. That doesn’t mean you won’t be able to start the new adventure at the top with one of the two special editions that will be available.
One of them will be a pass to the Dark Portal, which will grant an automatic level-up to level 58 to a single character, who will then get the following benefits:
- Apprentice Riding is a skill.
- A mount that isn’t quite typical of her race.
- Weapons proficiency up to level 58.
- Access to certain flight routes.
- A magical (green) team of level 58 players.
- Up to four runic pouches are available (with 14 slots each one).
- To begin the adventure, a little amount of gold is required.
In terms of the second, those who want a more comprehensive experience may still purchase the deluxe edition, which includes everything mentioned above as well as all of the following perks:
- Mount Phase-Hunter has been reawakened
- Viridian Phase-Hunter (available in any current expansion, including Shadowlands)
- A Dark Portal homestone with a one-of-a-kind aesthetic effect
- The Path of Illidan item, which causes your character’s hair to smolder.
- 30 days of playtime in World of Warcraft
When do the servers go live?
The Burning Crusade Classic launches at 6 PM Eastern Time / 3 PM Pacific Time on June 1, 2021. The map below shows the launch times across the globe.