Set in a world of swords and sorcery, Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars is told entirely through cards.
Square Enix announced today that Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars, their exclusive new card-based RPG, will be available digitally on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PC via Steam. Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars is a digital tabletop role-playing game developed by the team behind NieR and Drakengard that stimulates players’ imaginations with a new kind of narrative.
An RPG told entirely through cards
In Voice of Cards, players will be directed by the Game Master’s narrative voice into a story set long ago in a world cloaked in mystery (voiced by Todd Haberkorn). Players will accompany the protagonist on his quest to kill a freshly awakened dragon that threatens the land and its inhabitants in the hopes of earning a massive prize.
Mar, a monster who is deeply loyal to him, and Melanie, a wicked witch who has a grudge against the Dragon, accompany him on his quest. Throughout the tale, players will be required to make decisions as well as participate in field battles and turn-based dungeons that take place on a board, similar to conventional tabletop role-playing games.
DLC and special content
Fans of the NieR game series will like the bonus pack that will be included with the game. With the Pixel Art Set DLC and seven smaller NieR Replicant-themed DLC, they will be able to have a themed adventure in the game. Among the seven DLC content are:
- Bereft’s Dress – Swap the outfits of the Protagonist, Mar and Melanie for the design from NieR Replicant.
- Emil’s Pattern – Swaps the card design on the back for a design similar to Emil’s clothing.
- Emil’s Avatar – Swaps the player’s avatar for a design similar to Emil’s avatar.
- Emil’s Dice – Swap the dice for a design adorned with Emil’s face.
- Grimoire Weiss board – Change the battle board and accessories to Grimoire Weiss look-alike designs
- Library desk – Changes the design of the table to resemble a library stone.
- Devola Music – Changes the general background music to a soundtrack reminiscent of the travels of a certain young man who fought to save his sister.
- Pixel Art Set – Changes all character and enemy artwork to pixel art.
Fans who pre-order the game will also receive the “Golden Dragon Pattern,” which transforms the card back design to an original design by Kimihiko Fujisaka, as well as the “Traditional Avatar,” which allows you to alter the design of the game piece in the field to a traditional craft.
Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars will be released digitally on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PC via Steam on October 28, 2021.