Ubisoft has released a pair of new trailers for Watch Dogs: Legion. They have also provided details about the game’s multiplayer and post-launch DLC.
“Zero-Day, an unknown entity, has framed the secret underground resistance, DedSec, for the bombings that contributed to the fall of London. In Watch Dogs: Legion, players must fight to liberate London by building a resistance,” Ubisoft says.
Ubisoft also announced that the online multiplayer mode is going live on December 3. It is included as part of a free game update for all Watch Dogs: Legion players. The online mode includes the following features as part of the December 3 free update:
- Free-roam open-world co-op where players can team up with their friends for up to four-player co-op and explore the city of London and participate in side activities.
- New co-op missions for two-to-four players using new co-op gameplay mechanics and giving players the opportunity to recruit the perfect team.
- Four-player co-op Tactical Ops missions which will require teamwork and efficiency.
- The first available Player-vs-Player (PvP) mode, Spiderbot Arena, where four-to-eight players control armed spiderbots and compete in a high-intensity free-for-all deathmatch.
“Watch Dogs: Legion has a robust post-launch plan that will bring fresh content to the single-player mode, and introduce online multiplayer modes,” Ubisoft says.
New free content for the single-player mode will be available in a future update in 2021. It will include:
- New characters with new abilities
- New mission content
- A New Game Plus mode
Additionally, players who acquire the Season Pass gain access to Watch Dogs: Legion – Bloodline. The Bloodline DLC offers a new storyline which includes Aiden Pearce from the original Watch Dogs game and Wrench from Watch Dogs 2, fully playable in the single-player campaign and online. Two other characters were unveiled today:
- Darcy, a member of the Assassin Order, thanks to a cross-over with Assassin’s Creed
- Mina, a subject of transhuman experiments, who possesses the ability to mind control individuals
In addition to the playable characters and Bloodline story expansion, the Season Pass offers extra DedSec missions, the original Watch Dogs Complete Edition from 2014, and more. The Season Pass is available for purchase as part of the Gold, Ultimate, and Collector editions.
Watch Dogs: Legion releases on October 29 for PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Google Stadia. The game will also be available on Uplay+, Ubisoft’s subscription service. It launches on Xbox Series X and S on November 10 and digitally on PlayStation 5 on November 12. The physical version of the game on PlayStation5 will be available on November 24. Watch Dogs: Legion will also be available on Amazon Luna when the Ubisoft channel launches.