Discord launched stickers as a new feature today. They provide a new way for users to express themselves with more boldness, personality, and style.
Following testing in select markets last fall, Discord is introducing the ability to upload custom stickers along with additional perks for Nitro users.
“Once a server is boosted to at least Level 1, server owners and select moderators can upload custom stickers available for everyone to use in their community. If any members of the server have Discord Nitro, they’ll be able to use those stickers in other servers and DMs, just like custom emojis,” the company says.
“To help users get into the groove of using stickers within their conversations, Nitro subscribers will also be able to access 300 Discord-crafted stickers they can use in any conversation, anywhere,” Discord adds.
These are the file requirements:
- Image Resolution: 320×320 minimum
- Image formats: APNG, Lottie, or PNG
- File Size Limit: 500 KB max
Additionally, you can add an associated emoji and a text description.
- Associated Emoji: Choose an emoji most similar to your sticker. This lets any stickers show up in places like sticker suggestions or search, making them easier to find and use.
- Text description: Enter a description to help users who rely on screen readers understand what your sticker looks like.
You can learn more about stickers on the official Discord blog and the video below.