Square Enix has revealed a slew of new Nier Replicant content. Fans of the series and newcomers alike will enjoy this modern retelling of the cult classic.
The updated version of the game will not only feature completely remastered graphics, a re-recorded soundtrack, and all-new voice dialogue, but it will also include brand-new story material, extra dungeons, and costumes. The new content includes several Nier: Automata-themed costumes and weapons, the Nier: Automata playable soundtrack, and even more.
Here’s some of the extra content
Nier Replicant ver.1.22474487139 offers extra content not found in the original game. Square Enix has announced that they will include the following extra content with the revamped version of the game.
- Extra Episode: By progressing through the game, players can experience a new scenario and an exhilarating boss battle in an all-new “Mermaid” episode featuring a wrecked ship and a young girl.
- Extra Dungeons from “15 Nightmares“: Fans can undertake a series of challenging dungeons as the “15 Nightmares” protagonist. It was previously published as downloadable content for the original release in Japan and is identical to “The World of Recycled Vessel” content in the West. Playing through the dungeons will grant you access to a range of weapons as well as two additional costumes: “Kabuki” and “Samurai.” After obtaining either of the costumes, you can adjust the appearance of enemy bullets to Emil’s face through the options menu.
- Nier: Automata soundtrack: After completing their first playthrough, players can turn to pick background music tracks from the critically acclaimed Nier: Automata.
- Guest Cast from Nier: Automata: The game will feature the English and Japanese voice actors of 2B and 9S.
In addition to the costumes available in “15 Nightmares,” players can download a free “4 YoRHa” costume pack at launch to change their character’s costumes and weapons to fan-favorite designs from Nier: Automata. They include 9S, 2B, and A2.
Several pre-order bonuses and the tracklist for the mini soundtrack were also announced recently. Three songs from the White Snow Edition soundtrack CD Disc 1 are included on the mini soundtrack: “Hills of Radiant Wind,” “Song of the Ancients,” and “Kainé.” Platform-specific information includes:
- PlayStation 4 – Each version will come with an exclusive PlayStation 4 system dynamic theme and 14 avatars. Pre-orders also come with a digital download of the mini soundtrack.
- Pre-orders for Xbox One also include a downloadable mini soundtrack. Xbox One users can play the mini soundtrack in-game only via a designated app. Players cannot extract music data outside the console.
- Steam – Square Enix will include a unique digital wallpaper set with all editions. Pre-orders will also come with a digital download of the mini soundtrack.
If you haven’t played any game in the Nier franchise, you should give NieR Replicant a chance. This third-person action RPG invites players to enter a gloomy, dystopian world as they join a brother’s enthralling search to cure his sister of a deadly disease – a quest that will make them doubt everything.