Call of Duty: Vanguard file size and preloading details revealed
Activision has shared new information on Call of Duty: Vanguard preloading and file size.
Let’s start with the good news. Activision confirms that Vanguard’s install size at launch will be “significantly below previous Call of Duty releases.” The publisher says that “new on-demand texture streaming tech [is] expected to save up to 30-50% on next-gen console and PC hard drive disk space.”
These are the estimated file sizes needed to install Vanguard at launch, including via pre-load, as well as the disk space needed to play the game:
- PlayStation 5: 64.13 GB Download | 89.84 GB Required Space
- PlayStation 4: 54.65 GB Download | 93.12 GB Required Space
- Xbox Series X |S: 61 GB Download | 61 GB Required Space
- Xbox One: 56.6 GB Download | 56.6 GB Required Space
The company did not provide information on PC.
Anyone who pre-ordered the game digitally via Microsoft Store or PlayStation Store can preload the game so that it’s ready to go on launch day. The following times are when preloading starts:
- PlayStation 4 and 5: Preloading begins on October 28 at 9 PM PT in North and South America. All other countries will begin preloading on October 29 at midnight local time.
- Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S: Preloading begins on October 28 at 9 PM PT.
In addition, Activision released a new video today taking a behind-the-scenes look at the game’s music.
Call of Duty: Vanguard launches on November 5 for PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X.