The highly anticipated Endwalker expansion of Square Enix’s critically acclaimed MMORPG is out today. It brings a huge amount of new content.
Square Enix announced today that Final Fantasy XIV Online, the critically acclaimed MMORPG centered in the Final Fantasy universe, has gotten its long-awaited new expansion, Endwalker. Not only that, but the Japanese publisher also claimed that its MMORPG has amassed a staggering 25 million registered users!
A new chapter of the story begins
Endwalker concludes the story of Hydaelyn and Zodiark by inviting the Warrior of Light to explore new areas such as Old Sharlayan and Thavnair, forge new paths through the Garlean Empire, and take to the skies to set foot on the moon, all to bring a conclusion to a story that has been years in the making. Furthermore, this new expansion marks the start of a new episode in Final Fantasy XIV Online, as it will leave everything set for adventurers to engage a new tale that builds on what has been developed over the previous 8 years.
This new expansion has a significant number of items that alter the game’s gameplay. We can discover the following elements among these:
- New jobs such as the Sage, which will be the new and first healer job that comes to the game since the Heavensward expansion. Accompanying the Sage, we have the Reaper, a melee DPS who possesses a lethal two-handed oz, which can even summon a void avatar to help him in combat.
- Players will now be able to raise their maximum character level to 90, and will be able to learn new actions and skills.
- Male Viera, a new playable race that players with the Shadowbringers expansion will be able to have.
- New expansive areas including Thavnair, Garlemald, Mare Lamentorum, and many others.
- New Tribes like the Arkasodara from the island of Thavnair, and the Loporrits.
- And many more additions.
All this and much more players will find in Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker. Both the base game and the new expansion are available now for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, PC, and Mac.